Why People Choose Us?
State of the art facilities and best patient care go hand in hand at Chennai Colorectal Clinic
1. Why should I see a colorectal surgeon?
A Colorectal Surgeon is a super specialist in the field of Colorectal Surgery. Colorectal Surgeons complete their training in General Surgery and then spend another 7 -10 years in their chosen subspecialist field of Colorectal Surgery to gain further expertise to become board certified specialist. This results in better outcomes for patients.
2. What are the common symptoms for colorectal disease?
Rectal bleeding, Anal pain, anal lump, Change in bowel habit, Anaemia, Abdominal pain, Abdominal lump, Swelling in the abdomen.
3. When should I be concerned with these symptoms?
If the above symptoms persist for more that 6 weeks, you should go see your doctor or colorectal surgeon for assessment.
4. How do you differentiate between Piles/Haemorrhoids or Anal Fissure?
Painless rectal bleeding is Piles/Haemorrhoids and Severe anal pain on passing stool with drops of blood in the pan is Anal fissure.
5. Is Insurance cover available for treatment for Piles/Haemorrhoids, Anal Fissure or Anal Fistula?
Yes. Most insurance companies cover these conditions. Please contact our clinic staff and they will help you with this.
6. Is Laser Surgery available for treatment of Piles/Anal fissure/Anal Fistula?
Yes. Laser Surgery is available. Please speak to our doctor who will give you more details.
7. Is Colorectal Cancer curable?
Yes. We can cure colorectal cancer if diagnosed early. Its important that patients reach out to us as soon as they experience symptoms which have persisted for more than 6 weeks.